Pages

vendredi 9 octobre 2015

What were the odds?

Lea has a theory about people who come live in Wuhan: According to her, there are two sorts of foreigners, those who will leave in a year without an idea of what China is really, and those who will fit in. Carine and her are definitely part of the second category. According to her, it mostly depends on what folk you talk to. If you stick with your country mates, and fellow students, the odds are that you'll never really see China from inside. I guess I don't know in which category I am yet: I live with two french girls and I started to talk with my classmates,
Or more precisely, I talked to two of them. Two Frenchies. A boy and a girl. I needed to borrow their books, to make some copies. I won't be able to buy mine before Wednesday, and I can't exactly keep on not preparing the class.
They're nice. Some cool muggles, by the sound of it. But anyway.
The boy is taking double major University Degree: Law school and English/Chinese (yes, this is a double major)
The girl is taking a University Degree of Law by correspondence and following the same Chinese Language course as I am.
She's 24, and as we talked, we realised that we come from the same town. Not Paris, no, the small town I grew up in, in the Parisian suburb. She did some Rhythmic Gymnastics in the same club as I did, she graduated from the same high school a year after me. She studied in Paris, in English and Art History. But she wasn't in the same university. and as we talked we found out so many common points! She is living two streets away from my flat, and is looking for a gym and a ballet class too. She suffers from insomnia and is a freaking multi-tasker, the same way I am, taking a degree, having a job, building her own company and trying to pursue some other personal projects. Family pressure and fear of failure.
We had never met before.
And yet we definitely have some common point. She fled the pressure of the French system and her family. She was drawning in France and needed a fresh start. That's something I understand quite well!
She's droped everything and came to live in China, with a man she fell in love with in only a week. That's quite cool, as a story. Maybe I'll a bit more about it in another post.
She is a muggle but a cool one and we agreeded to meet up Sunday. I'll probably be a bit exhausted because Lea, Carine and I are having friends at home saturday evening, but that will be cool to meet her anyway.
What were the odds of finding someone with such a similar background? I know, I'm not exceptional, but still, we have some similarities. Not in our way to think or in our own imaginary universe, but in our back ground and personal experience. It will be interesting to get to know her.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire