Pages

dimanche 18 octobre 2015

Sociolising




I was invited by one of my classmate to a barbecue today.
The girls went out yesterday, with their usual combo of Helen's bar, then nightclub. Not exactly my program so I passed and stayed home, making pancakes. I made 42 of them, but actually only 38 went on the pile, since I ate some as I made them.
It felt good to have the flat all for myself, to have some peace.
I thought I'd write something but inspiration has been quite scarce lately, but not as much as my attention span and focus ability which have been plainly absent.
So today was my turn to go out.
My classmate Max comes from Colorado, has been living in Wuhan for two years, and despite speaking chines quite fluently, never learnt to write or read Chinese. We talked once or twice between classes. A nice dude. he was quite surprised to learn that I was actually from Paris, as most people here from the moment I start to speak English. Even Robin, who comes from Manchester thought I was a Londonian. That's quite a huge compliment for my English!
So Max, shares a flat with his friend Chris, from Canada, on the last floor of a building in a cool residence. And he organised the barbecue in the rooftop of his building. Rooftops are actually accessible to every resident, to hang their laundry or to hang around.
It was good to meet some of my classmates outside the classroom. Not many came, but who cares? those who did were cool. We also met Dan, Max's girl friend, and I talked quite a lot with Chris, since ie is the closest thing to a weirdo I found until now. He loves sci-fi and fantasy books and teaches English. We'll probably meet up to lend each other books and TV series.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire