Pages

lundi 26 octobre 2015

Speaking about tatoos again.

I love my tattoos. the one I have on the wrists. My moto, my reminder not to give up.
But it was always obvious to me that it would not be the only one.
I had decided to force myself to wait two years between each tattoo. I wanted to enjoy each of them, to remember how it felt to have only a small tattoo, then to slowly add meaning to each of them. My skin is a canvas on which I always knew I wanted to draw.
It started with something simple, discreet, but utterly obvious to me.

There is also a poem I literally want to engrave on my ribs so it will never leave my side.
There are other words I want to ink on my skin as reminders of choices and ideals.
There is a pattern I want to engrave in my arms, to celebrate my love for music.
There are symbols of what I hold dear and what I believe in.

I've been talking about those for years. I wasn't always sure of where I wanted them, or the precise design. But I knew I wanted them.

The next ones will be on the other side of my wrists. opposite to my moto and yet perfectly complementary. "Never let anyone tell you that you'll never succeed in something. Be stubborn, be strong and prove them wrong" "Do what you love, no matter what" That's what it means for me.

I'm so very excited about it. In February. It's both so far and so close.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire