Pages

vendredi 2 octobre 2015

Autumn in China


I love autumn. To me it always had a special atmosphere. being back to school always feel like a fresh start, an opportunity to learn more, to work differently. The weather, being colder makes it easier for me to wear long sleeves and nice outfits. A skirt, a pair of boots and a light jackets. it feels more comfy and I'm less self conscious about what people see of me. Autumn has this special atmosphere, of being both an end and a beginning. I love the colours. The leaves dark brown to bright yellow, through all the shades of red and oranges. The whisper of the wind, in the branches, forming new carpets of leaves. I could walk in the woods for hours. The taste of pumpkin and warm food. The rain, that washes everything, while I sit on the other side of the window, with a cup of hot tea, listening to the drops crashing against the glass. There is that feeling of warmth and of safety that I associate with Autumn. Autumn is the season of artistic creation for me. Writing and creating worlds and story. There is the Nanowrimo, of course, but It's more general than that. 

But here every thing is different. We are in October and I can't find any of this.
I live in China. I don't really realize it. I still feel like I'll only be here for some weeks, a couple of month, but no: I live here. I've got a flat, an address, everything. I live in Chine. And here, October tastes different. It feels like I get the summer I hadn't back in France, wearing shorts and t-shirt. since I still haven't been assigned to a class, I don't even have a real rhythm of life.
I have many ideas and projects to write about, but the mood is not the same. I am torn between my need to settle here, and make myself a life in China and my wish to stay home and write all day long. It feels good to finally feel that call again. I have so many ideas, so many stories that only wait to be developed and written about.
I'll try to make the two work together. Make some time for my projects, without turning into my usual hermit.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire