Pages

lundi 3 août 2015

Back from my first LARP!


I just came back from my first LARP! It was so COOL!
The general context was the meeting of delegations from several nations, housed by the elves to try to build peace between the countries and defeat a dark lord. My friends and I signed up as a company of mercenary attached to a Duke and his delegation. I played Victoire, the company's cook (a key position) and I seriously LOVED IT!
It was my first LARP, so I was a bit angsty the day before, but once I was there, I forgot about the stress and had tones of fun with awesome people.
I had the occasion to hit people with a foam sword (And since my friends had kindly forced me into joining their training at least once a month, I wasn't as bad as I feared I would be [Thanks again guys!]) I drank hippocras with a Duke and his court, talked clothing with the duchess, laughted with some barbarians, and knitted during my watch.

That was really cool! The costumes, the atmosphere, everyone playing their role.
It was my first LARP, and I do hope, the first of a long list. (Very likely since I'll come back to France next summer ^^)
We had a perfect weather (a bit hot) and a really great place to play (a medieval village in a forest).

I'll have to by a new sword (mine broke) and finish my costume (I sewed for hours on the days before the larp, to finish my tunic and my shirts. I sewed so much, that my hands hurt and I overdosed, quiting before I finished the second shirt. (All the rest was done, so It wasn't .) and probably come back a week early just to train, but there's no way I miss the next opus!

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire