Pages

dimanche 30 août 2015

An afternoon by the sea

PM and I have been friends for 8 years.  We met when I was 16. And since, we've done quite a huge amount of crazy things. We took the bus to Anwerp, to see our favorite band, we went on holidays together.
So when we decided to suddenly decided to go on a roadtrip to Normandy, I knew we were going to have fun.
After some administrative obligations, we finally left my town. The car doesn't accept any USB keys or whatsoever, so we decided to dig in our CDs to select our adolescence love.
Korn, Rammstein, Within temptation, Evanescence, System of a down.
We were both dress as respectable young ladies going, and I like to think that people might have been surprised of the music we were listening.
As it happens, people often assume that you're listening to a certain type of music because of your look. Which can be quite misleading with PM and I. It's always so fun to imagine the reaction of people if they knew what we're listening. It feels like being spies under cover.

So we arrived at my Place in Normandy. My grandparents had made lunch for us, and thats definitly something I'm going to miss, once I'll be in China. I always loved my grand mother's cooking.
Then we left the house to go to the beach.
Sea, sand and sun. I missed it so much. Seeing that place where I have so many great memories had some kind of bittersweet taste. I have learned to walk there, to swimm, it was also where I went on a boat for the first time, and then where I learnt to sail and, where I sailed, all by myself. I ran at dawn or at dusk, clearing my head. I looked at the colours of the clouds above the sea, never getting bored of it.

PM and I even went to swim. The water was cold. It's always cold. I like it. It make you feel alive, your sking tingling, hair raised, shivering. we didn't stay in the water very long, just until we were too cold to enjoy it anymore. Then we went on walking along the beach, before going home.

It was the only time I managed to get to see the sea and go swim in the whole summer. But I really didn't wan't to leave the country without going back to Normandy first.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire