Pages

jeudi 24 septembre 2015

Registration and Administration paperwork #2

Episode 1 - The Medical Examination

Okay, so in order to get my Resident Permit, I had to pass a medical examination.
Lea being outside the city for the week-end, I had to go there by myself. Huge stress. So instead, I have been a monster and asked Carine to come with me. (yes, I needed moral support)
getting there was surprisingly easy, and to my biggest pleasure, people spoke English at the hospital! (so I felt bad for bringing Carine with me. she could have used her morning for something else...)
I got all the papers and started to follow the list of exams I had to pass.
First one: Blood Test!
Yeah, before anything else, they take a blood sample. I was not prepared for that. I had slept 3 hours, and my last meal had been some 24 hours earlier or so, and on a more general scale, I have anemia.
So... I almost fainted (how not surprising!) and I didn't feel guilty for bringing Carine anymore. we sat for a moment, while I ate a cookie and drank some tea to get myself together. I was shaky and sweaty and earth was slowly moving under my feet, but I didn't lose consciousness and I made it through the rest of the medical exam.
Second one: Measuring my tension.
Right after a blood sample?! You serious? How dumb is that?!
Third one: Height, weight and body mass index.
The nurse looked bored, then stared at me when she got the result. Yes, I'm tall, and skinny, I can hear you judging me, m'am.
Fourth: Sight test
- should I pass the test with or without my glasses?
- without.
after the test:
- you need glasses
- No shit Sherlock!

and some other tests, like an x-ray (the machine worked, but I hope they thought about changing the parameters, because I really have thin bones. If you want a clear picture, you really need to check), an electro-cardiogram, and I was out.
They were surprisingly efficient and direct. some really cool, some barely polite, but at the end they handed me a paper telling me to come back monday afternoon to get my results and the certificate for the resident permit!

Youhou! One thing done!
Next step, the Police station registration!

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire