Pages

vendredi 25 mars 2016

So I finished reading Harry Potter again

I must have read the harry potter series probably 10 times. Maybe more. I read it in both English and French. and I love every page of it.

And no matter how many times I read it, I am never psychologically prepared for people to die. [For the record, this article will be full of spoilers if you never read or watched the series, but you should be ashames if you haven’t at least done one of the two. It’s been years, seriously, what are you waiting for?!]

So, I just finished re-reading the entire series. Meaning that I just closed the seventh book, Harry Potter and the deathly hallows. And let me tell you this, I AM STILL NOT OVER IT! Not at all. I still cry like a child feeling that my best friends just died and the feeling of hollowness and loss is heart crushing.

Hedwige death was a hard blow. And I managed to get over Moody’s death, because hey, he had a long life full of adventure and died in battle. The man wouldn’t have wanted to leave too old to be constantly vigilant. It was the right way for him to go.
Dobby was a hero and I cried for him. He was an impossibly naive house elf, and seriously I liked him.

Why Lavander? She was a good girl. She wasn’t a grand hero like the golden trio, but she was a good person. She loved and laughed and fought for what she thought was good.

And why Colin Creevey? He was so sweet and so innocent!

WHY FRED? WHY?
I wept and cried and sobbed. Because it’s not fair! Because Fred and Georges were those who brought light and laugh, those who were loyal and brave and strong, but who recognized the necessity of making people dream and laugh. They believed in there project and worked hard to be successful in business, they were loving and fun. AND SERIOUSLY IT HURTS.

THEN LUPIN AND TONKS? SERIOUSLY?!
They just had a baby! Lupin, after all those tragedy in his life was finally happy! He had a son and a loving wife! He had faced so much and had been alone so long, WHY?
And Tonks! She was a mother, married to a man she loved and who loved her in return!


So yeah, I cried like a child, and writing this makes my throat tighten and I wish I could have my lovely monster to hug me, because I am seriously aching from the loss. They might be fictional characters, but they kept me company during hard times, the made me dream and laugh and cry and they taught me so much. I will probably never be over the Harry Potter series.



Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire