Pages

jeudi 11 janvier 2018

22 years later

I read His Dark Material when I was 12, travelling to Edinburgh for the holidays. It shaped who I am. It became such a foundation to my writing and my imagination.
I loved it so much I wanted to study it during my Master Degree in English literature, along with The Chronicles of Narnia and Paradise Lost.

So when I heard that Philip Pullman had started to write a new series linked to this universe. I sort of  cried of joy and fear. And then, I read "La Belle Sauvage", the first volume of The Book Of Dust.



I loved it. I cherished each page and found myself lost again in the story.
Now that I've finished it, I feel like an  old wound has been reopened. this bittersweet feeling that something is missing. that the sky is darker, time is duller and the shadows are deeper. I can't wait for the next volume.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire