Pages

jeudi 7 mai 2015

Running 15Km

I signed up a while ago for the Nike Women Race - Paris, in the 15km category.
Last year I ran the "We Own the night" race with Nike (took place on a sunday morning, but whatever), which was a 10km race, women only in Paris. And that was cool!
I had never run like that. on a handball field, sure, while practicing Gymnastics too, but never running for the sole goal of running. 10 km seemed huge.
Nike organized a month of training, included in the price of the race. Runs through nice places in Paris, fitness sessions in awesome places (1st floor of the Eiffel tower, or on a boat, cruising through Paris).


I only signed up for fitness sessions.
I don't like to run.
I just get bored when I try to run. It's just impossible to keep running when one doesn't have a good reason to do so. I want to be fit, and to be able to run, but running in itself is such a bother. So I didn't run before the race. Still had gymnastics, and ballets, and the Nike Training Club sessions, but no running.
So on the morning of the race, I was a bit angsty. 10 km to run, and I had no idea if I could actually do it. It's a bit insane.
Happily, I didn't run alone, I had a friend with me: She kept me motivated during the first 4 kilometers (when I felt like I was going to die) and I encouraged her during the last kilometers.
The finish line arrived way too fast for me. I felt so great! I didn't want to stop. I felt like I could go on and run another 10km (maybe not).
Running alone is a pain. running in the middle of a race is cool. There's this electrifying atmosphere. I ran because my friend next to me was running and I wanted to get to the finish line with her, I didn't want to be the one quitting. So I just ran


So this year, when I saw they opened a 15km, I just couldn't help it: I signed up.
Training's starting next week, I'll tell you more about it!

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire