Pages

dimanche 17 mai 2015

Unexpected Achievement

Rhythmic Gymnastic Championship has been on for several months now.
There's been some ups and downs with my team. I might be (no in fact I completely am) a tad strict and too hard-working, and I consider that everyone should be working as hard, without complaining. (I'm not the most sympathetic person ever)
First round, we ended up second (... there were only 3 teams, so... that's not exactly impressive)
Second round, we arrived 4th over 13 teams. (we did well. Sort of. No the best we did, but it was okay)

So  Today was the last round of qualification for the Nationals.
26 teams enrolled teams. Only 6 to go to the Nationals.
with our 4th place last time, we weren't actually hoping to much. We wanted it, but still, no pressure.

Because I'm a terrible persone I actually thought there was NOT A CHANCE we could make it to the Nationals. Last year we only went to the regionnals (2nd Round). I was so sure it was impossible, I actually signed up for a 15km Run on the day of the Nationals.
And I started to plan things thinking "well season will be over, who cares if I skip practice?"

Hey, told you: I'm a terrible person.

Anyway. Long story short, I was going to do my best, give everything I have (because one doesn't mess up with sport: If you do it, do it well or don't.) but with being realistic enough not to keep too much hope. (and actually have plan B to keep busy after the end of the season.)

Well... Now my agenda is all messed up!

We not only qualified for the National, but we also won the SECOND PLACE! On 26 teams!
This is insane!
*stares at the silver medal* I have no idea what happened.
Really.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire