Pages

dimanche 22 novembre 2015

Try me!

Shower thoughts:

"Pain is nature’s way of saying “don’t do that”. Painkillers are Man’s way of saying “Watch me”"

How many times did I ignore the pain? how many times did I just go one with my day, pushing the pain away. How many times did I keep on running, despite my bones cracking and my muscles snapping. How often did I see Pain as a reward for my own discipline.
If it doesn't hurt, it means that you are not working enough.
How many times did I kept on jumping and bending and running, while injured.
How many times did I ignore that headache? For days sometimes. The fever? The feeling that this body was going to fall apart? How many times did I say "Watch me" when my body requested some rest?

How many times did I keep on working despite the lack of sleep, keeping busy and never slowing down? How many times did I went on for days, catching two hours here and a nap? How many times did I just shrug when I realise that I wasn't going to sleep anytime soon?

How many times did I push away the hunger? Hands shaking, taking a deep breath and pushing away the feeling that clawed its way in my stomach. Just focusing on the next thing I had to do, never slowing.

Pain is Nature's way to set limites? Watch me.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire