Pages

dimanche 8 novembre 2015

To take a break

It's been a while since I wrote anything.
Life goes on and I am as usual extremely busy. That, and I slowly learn to let go.
Today, I gave myself a break. I haven't started to write for the nanowrimo yet today. I was working Friday and Saturday, so I didn't write anything either. meaning that I am 5000 words late. and for the moment, I don't rush. I slept very little those last two nights, because I was working, so when I came back early this afternoon, I decided to give myself a break. To take a nap, and to just let myself waste some hours, to check pinterest, and chat on facebook. to do nothing very productive. Just to let my brain breath. I work well under pressure, and I enjoy a good challenge. but today, I wasn't in the mood. I wanted a quiet afternoon. A moment between the rush of my long day as a model yesterday, and the rush of my mid term exams week.
I learn to let go, to breath and to see how it feels, to enjoy the moment.
I guess leaving the comfort of France changed me, little by little. I was shaken but so many things and changes. I always knew how to wing things up, to make things work despite not having control on them. Now I learn to roll with it and stop trying to make things work perfectly.
So today I didn't write. I let my brain rest. I skyped my family back in France, chatted with friends, but did not write. And it's fine. I'll take my time, write a little more everyday and I'll make it to the 50000 words.
[I also happen to have some awesome test reader who help me with the lack of motivation. It helps a lot, thank you Girls!]

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire