Pages

lundi 11 novembre 2019

I am offended

I am offended.
I am angry.
Shaking voice and clenched fists.

I deserve better. We deserve better.
I witnessed the birth of a monster, despite my best efforts to prevent it.
And it makes me angry. It frustrates me.
It scares me.

What must we do for people to accept that their ways need some serious change.
What will it take for men not to turn into monsters?

I survived. I walk with my head up because no one can get me down.
I wear my scars like banners,

But yesterday, I did for someone what I hadn't done for myself.
I faced a monster and tried to educate it.
Out of a sense of duty. So that when he rapes someone I will know I did my best.

I am offended because he feels righteous.

I may not be a good person at heart. But I fucking try my best.
Fake it until you make it.

But he wouldn't even do that.

This is unfair, this is scary, this is revolting.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire